The Sundial Pool at University Park
Beautiful Fiberglass Pool Installation
Fiberglass Pool Guyz just completed another beautiful fiberglass swimming pool installation in University Park, Dallas TX! The image above shows our Sundial fiberglass pool shell resting beautifully with crisp cool water. Believe it or not, this is still an active job site, as evidenced by the pallets and construction materials in the background of the image above. We worked hard to provide this home owner with a crisp oasis to enjoy while the rest of their home is being renovated (more pictures below on the overall job).
We really like these photos because they showcase the coordination between the pool builder (us) and the construction company that is heading up the home renovation elements. Oftentimes, we get to collaborate with home builders who are either constructing new homes or renovating backyards. Adding a fiberglass swimming pool to your home is a perfect way to spruce up your outdoor living environment and we get to enjoy the fun aspect of the construction process!
Bringing all of these moving parts together can be a juggling act and we pride ourselves on our ability to coordinate the logistical side of our business with the execution aspect. Often we make grand promises to install your swimming pool in as little as 14 days, but what does that really look like from the logistical standpoint? We’re glad you asked!
The Coordination of Moving Parts
As you already know from our previous articles, building a fiberglass swimming pool takes place in our San Juan Pools factory. There we have teams of generational fiberglass pool builders that utilize pre-cast molds, high quality vinyl-esther resin, and sheets of fiberglass. Using these materials they skillfully craft our start of the art fiberglass pool shells. It’s there that your fiberglass pool takes it shape and is prepared for shipment.
In the field, our task is to coordinate with the home owner and select the fiberglass pool shell that is perfect for their home and family. From visiting your home, selecting your shape, planning out the construction process and coordinating shipment with the factory – there is a lot of moving parts. Scheduling the shipment of a fiberglass swimming pool is sort of like planning to ship a whale across country. It’s a tall order but we are specially trained to make it happen!
From writing the sale to delivering the swimming pool, we’ve got some field work to prepare for. We thought it might be fun to provide our customers with some insight into these steps, so here we go!
Coordinating Our Shipment & Field Team
- Our home owner selects their specific swimming pool and we schedule shipment. From the point of sale, our factory takes the order and produces each fiberglass pool shells using the materials listed above. After our swimming pool is formed, we allow it to rest for a couple of days in the yard so that materials can blend, form and set.
- We coordinate our delivery date with the factory. From the point of writing your sale, we identify the delivery date that fits you and your desired installation date. We provide this information to our factory and begin the behemoth process of scheduling a two-lane fiberglass pool shell across country. We work diligently to collaborate with local law enforcement officials and identify areas that we need escorts (some counties require it, some don’t). Then we map out our route and provide an ETA for our field teams to schedule their installation date.
- Bring in the crane! In some cases, where backyard access is limited and we can’t enter the backyard through a gate, we have to call in a high-level crane. We are required by each city to get a permit to schedule a crane and we closely coordinate the time frame so that the crane and pool shell arrive at the same time.
- Schedule our installation date with our installation crew, dump truck, back fill material & excavator. Bringing all of these components together is a fine art. By this point, we’ve reserved time slots with about four different sub-contractors to bring all of our construction aspects together and complete our installation in as little as 14 days (often faster!).
We Balance Our Moving Parts
It may seem like a technical list and that is why our customers trust Fiberglass Pool Guyz to perform this operation correctly. There are a lot of fiberglass installers out there and even gunite (concrete) pool builders. What we like to emphasize is that there is no other company out there that pays attention to the details like we do. Amidst all of the scheduling and coordination, we keep our customers at the center of all that we do. We believe that your shopping experience should be simple, fun and exciting. After all, you are purchasing a fiberglass swimming pool to enhance your home and outdoor lifestyle! Our mission is to handle all of these moving components so that the purchasing experience is smooth and seamless!
If you’d like some more example of how we are making an impact and changing our industry for the better, we invite you to check out our other Job Site Articles! We try to be as transparent as possible so that we can show our customers who we are and what we do. It’s not often that you find a construction company that showcases the dirt, dust and all interior aspects of their construction process – but that’s exactly what we do here! We want you to see what we do so that you can understand just how awesome fiberglass swimming pools really are and how we build these pools better than any other company on the market! Check us out and feel free to give us a call or fill out our contact form to get started!
Check Out Our Other Job Site Articles!
- Installing The Desert Springs – Fort Worth TX
- The Pleasure Island Fiberglass Pool Shell – Installation in Denison TX
- New Fiberglass Pool Installation – The Hawaiian in Blue Lagoon color
- The McKinney Job – Deck Completion & Chemical Startup
- The Tioga Job – Seaside Pool with a Poured Concrete Deck
- The University Park Job – New Fiberglass Pool Installation